- Mike Slean – LS (University of Toronto and Team Canada Beach)
- Kevin Matthews – M (Seneca College)
- Winston Rosser – OH (University of Guelph)
- Brad Gordon – OH (Loyalist College)
- Andrew Hinchey – S (Western University)
- Jeff Torraville – S (Durham College)
- Kanitha Boranprasit – LS/RS (Dalhousie University and Seneca College)
- Nikos Chalaris – LIB (University of Toronto)
- Other athletes TBD.
Mike Slean LS, University of Toronto and Team Canada Beach
Mike played 5 years at the University of Toronto. During that time he won 5 Ontario University Championships and was named 1st team Ontario All-Star all 5 years. 4 times he was recognized as an All-Canadian or Honourable Mention All-Canadian. He was also Ontario Rookie of the Year, OUA Championships MVP twice and an Academic All-Canadian during that time as well.
Mike was a member of Canada’s National Beach Volleyball Team and played on the World Tour for 5 years. He represented Canada at the World Championships in Austria finishing 17th and placed 5th at the 2003 Pan-Am Games in the Dominican Republic.
Mike currently trains over 200 volleyball athletes in his gym Team 12 Training. He also coaches athletes on the beach at his beach volleyball facility, Solstice Sport. Mike has coached with Durham Attack for the past 5 years and also teaches at Durham College.
Brad Gordon LS/RS, Loyalist College
A standout amongst standouts, Brad Gordon quickly made his presence on the Loyalist Volleyball court felt with his imposing size, strength and agility as a player. A three time OCAA league and Championship tournament all-star, two-time All-Canadian, team MVP and Loyalist Male Athlete of the Year, Brad collected Provincial medals in three of his four seasons including two provincial gold medals and one silver. Upon graduation, Brad sat second all-time in career aces and was an influential part of a record setting team that set the bar for most kills in a match with 68. He completed his collegiate career adding a National Championship medal to his resume when his Lancers claimed bronze at the 2002 Championship and was named as a First Team Championship All-Star. Brad is a member of the OCAA Hall of Fame.
Brad continued to pursue his career in volleyball following graduation, playing professionally in Europe with and against some of the world’s best.
Andrew Hinchey S, Western University
Andrew was a member of the Western University Mustangs Volleyball Program. During his time with the team Hinchey led the Mustangs into the post-season every year and to the OUA Finals in his rookie season. He was twice recognized as an All-Star and was named to the All-Rookie Team. Hinchey was also Academic All-Canadian there and Team Captain.
Andrew is one of the top beach volleyball players in Ontario. This summer he won the National Volleyball League Beach Championships in Ohio. He also finished 2nd in the Ontario Provincial Championships.
Andrew currently is a high school teacher and the head coach of the Durham Lords Men’s Volleyball Team. Andrew runs his beach volleyball business out of Peterborough, Ontario.
Kanitha Boranprasit LS, Dalhousie University and Seneca College
Kanitha was an integral part of the success of the Dalhousie Men’s Volleyball Program. While at Dalhousie University he was a 1st team AUS All-Star and 4 time AUS Champion. At Seneca, Kanitha was Athlete of the Year and team MVP. He was the scoring champion and set records for most points in a season and most blocks in a season for the OCAA.
Kanitha is active in NACIVT 9 Man Volleyball as well. He is a 4 time NACIVT Champion. He has been tournament MVP once and an All-Star 3 times.
Kanitha currently runs his own beach company in Toronto called Ronin Volleyball.
Please click here to visit our photo gallery.
Last 5 Posts
- 13U Venom Secures Second Spot February 15, 2019 February 8, 2019 – Maple, ON In their McGregor cup outing, Durham Attack’s 13U boys Venom team showed, once again, how solid the development program of this club is. The trifecta of practice time, fitness and strength work, and mental training are bringing medal after medal to the club’s teams, and ...
- 16U POWER WIN SILVER February 13, 2019 16U POWER wins Silver at the Challenge Cup. This post was Powered by The State Group!
- ALL Practices CANCELLED for Tonight February 12, 2019 Unfortunately due to the Winter Storm upon us both school Boards have pulled their permits for this evening. ALL Practices are CANCELLED for tonight – Tuesday February 12th. Be sure to stay safe & warm.
- 13U Girls Blitz Capture Bronze in Stouffville February 6, 2019 The 13U Girls Blitz team captured their 4th medal of the season, winning Bronze this past weekend in Stouffville. After capturing Gold at their previous 13U tournament, the girls were eager to show what they can do in the Championship Division. Receiving the 9th seed in the tournament, Blitz were keen to ...
- Durham Attacks Cancer – 1st Annual Beach Tournament & Social February 1, 2019 Durham Attack Volleyball Club is pleased to support Durham Attacks Cancer in their first inaugural Event. Join us on Saturday, June 1st, 2019 the first annual “DURHAM ATTACKS CANCER” Beach Volleyball Tournament and Social will take place at Devil’s Den Beach Volleyball Centre from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm and Mount Zion Masonic ...