- Dominique Oblitey
- Jillian McNaughton
- Mia Pearce
- Abby Casselman
- Monica Gracey
- Tia Mitchell
- Madison Rickards
- Madison Harvey
- Kya Gordon
- Emma Kitching
Verboom, Kelly a.k.a. KellyBoom
Girls 14U Black Assistant Coach
Kelly is a former Durham Attack athlete, playing with the club from 1998-2004. She also played for Team Ontario and had a successful NCAA career playing at the University of Northern Arizona.
After college Kelly continued her playing career, playing professionally in Germany, Sweden, and France.
Now in the coaching ranks, this is Kelly’s 5th season as a coach for Durham Attack.
Girls 14U Black Head Coach | email@example.com
Kevin Hellyer joined the Durham Attack coaching staff in the Fall of 1999. Since then his teams have consistently outperformed all others.
Kevin has had a huge impact on the Club and has developed many of the top athletes in the province. In 2002, he was the assistant coach of the 16U Western National Champions. In 2007, Kevin coached our 14U girls to their first National Championship. In 2008, Kevin’s 15U Girls won Ontario 15U and 16U championships as well as the 15U Nationals East Championship. Later that summer, Kevin was the head coach of the gold medal winning team, at the Ontario Summer Games. In 2009, his 15U girls won Silver medals at both Nationals East and West. This same group won gold at Nationals East, in 2010. In 2011 his 16U squad won another 2 national medals, winning Eastern Canadian Gold. 2012 brought with it one of Kevin’s greatest team accomplishments, winning both Provincial and National Championships, at the 17U level. In 2015, Kevin lead the 15u Durham Attack Mighty Ninjas to a National Championship title!
In all, Kevin has won a total of 7 National Championships, with 5 different groups of athletes. Many of his athletes have become top recruits at Division 1 NCAA programs, such as Michigan State and Syracuse, as well as All-Stars in the CIS.
In 2009, Kevin received a Recognition Award from the Ontario Volleyball Association for his outstanding contribution to the sport of volleyball. Later in 2011, Kevin was awarded the OVA Achievement Award. At the 2013 OVA awards banquet, Kevin was named the Ontario Volleyball Association, Senior Development Coach of the Year.
Kevin is an enthusiastic coach who teaches his athletes the values of hard work and the joy of achieving success, as both an individual and as a member of the team. He has been the lead coach at the Durham Attack Summer Camp and is eager to help young athletes fall in love with volleyball. He supports his girls year round, following their progress on the beach during the summer. Kevin is also an elementary school teacher with the Durham District School Board.
Outside of volleyball Kevin teaches at Sir Samuel Steele.
Please click here to visit our photo gallery.
Last 5 PostsGirls 14U Black
- DA 14U Black Capture Bronze Medal at 15U Girls Bugarski Cup April 2, 2017 On March 25, 2017, the 14U DA Energy traveled to Ottawa to participate in the 15U Bugarski Cup. The girls entered the tournament ranked 7th with some strong 15U and 14U teams competing. Despite some very close games in pool play, DA Energy placed third in their pool. Following a ...
- 14U Girls Black Energy Stay in the Top Four March 2, 2017 Durham Attack Girls 14U Black Energy took to the court on February 25th in the 14U Bugarski Cup, Premier Division. Playing with confidence and composure and demonstrating exceptional technical skills the team defeated Barrie Elites (13U). Energy entered the tournament ranked third and faced a familiar rival next, the fourth ...
- DA 14UG ENERGY – WIN GOLD at 15U Tournament in Scarborough!! February 17, 2017 DA 14UG ENERGY – WIN GOLD at 15U Tournament in Scarborough!! The DA Energy team started off their morning a wee bit sluggish for their first game versus the Peterborough Thunder Red. The girls pushed through their morning fog and won the set in two straight games. Their second match was against ...
- 14U Girls DA ENERGY Take Silver at the McGregor Cup February 6, 2017 Durham Attack 14U Girls ENERGY showed tremendous character and determination at the January 28 tournament, Premier Division. Their first pool play match was a decisive straight set victory against Durham Attack 13U Black (25-9, 25-11). We then went on to play last year’s provincial champions, Aurora Storm Monsoon. The girls played their hearts out ...
- 14UG BLACK ENERGY – SUPPORTS LUPUS ONTARIO November 9, 2016 This was a personal choice for our Team to raise awareness of Lupus as our Durham Attack CARES initiative. Our coach’s wife has lupus so it was an easy decision for all of us to choose to support this cause. Our Energy team took turns at the Durham Centre, to raise ...