We will be conducting an Annual General Meeting on July 23rd, from 6:30 – 7:30 PM at the Whitby Library. Please arrive between 6:00 and 6:30 to register.
We will review the prior season and have information on the coming season.
We will be conducting elections for two positions within the Club executive team:
- Vice President, Senior (16-18U) Team Development. This position works with our senior team coaches and athletes to facilitate athlete and coach development through coach mentoring, visiting practices, conducting practices when required. Candidates must be fully Level 2 certified.
- Treasurer. The Treasurer is responsible for managing the Club’s finances including financial planning, budgeting, defining new policies as required, approval of all expenditures and coaching expenses, working with the Club’s bookkeeper, and financial oversight. Candidates must have experience with financial accounting, and be a parent of one or more athletes who have played for the Club.
More detailed descriptions are provided in our Members Handbook found on the Club Office page of our web site. Club members are eligible to vote. Members are defined as athletes who played for the Club in the 2013-2014 season, or parents of these athletes.
If you are interested in running for one of these positions please contact Janet Cairns via email – firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations/applications is 10:00 PM on July 22, 2014.
The agenda will cover:
1) Welcome and Introductions
2) Financial Recap – 2014-2015 and forecast for 2015-2016
3) Election – VP of Senior (16-18U) Teams; Election of Treasurer.
4) New for 2014 – OVA Tryout Window policy, and how we will apply it to our athletes
5) New Business
6) Information items:
- Coaching Assignments
- Clinics for 2014-2015
- Madawaska Teambuilding dates
- New Mental Training Program for 2014-2015
- Durham Attack House @ Provincials 2015
- New Senior Womens Team for 2014-2015
- Sitting Volleyball for 2014-2015