- Peter Stewart
- Jacob Krawczyk
- Luke Robinson
- Andon Kiriakou
- Aidan Slean
- Agam Preet
- Singh Minhas, Ray Liu
- Cooper Barkley
- Mark Baxter
- Jack Curtis, Jack Svendsen
- Bailey Stanat
- Elijah Williams
- Reginald Luukkonen
- Raymone Luukkonen
- Owen Clark
- Tim Logan
- Wade Stanley
Girls 16U Red Assistant Coach / Boys 13U Assistant Coach | firstname.lastname@example.org
Gord is returning for his third season in his new Durham Attack career and is extremely excited about the year ahead. Gord has coached boys of all age levels for Durham Attack in the late 90’s into the early 2000’s. He took a break from coaching at the club level when he started a family in 2002 and now has three wonderful children who are playing the game. Last year, he coached the Durham Attack 14U Red team and is looking for more great achievements for the girls this coming season.
Gord is a teacher at Port Perry High School and has coached high school teams, both boys and girls, for over 20 years, winning numerous LOSSA championships and have made several appearances at OFSAA. He is a level 3 volleyball referee, starting refereeing when he was 16 years old, and this has been another way to give back to the sport that he loves.
Gord coaches because he loves helping young athletes to develop. Developing skills on the volleyball court is only part of it. He truly believes that athletes who play on teams develop skills that they will use their entire life. Teamwork, responsibility, hard work, the ability to cope with adversity and reliability are skills that people need long after their volleyball playing career is over. He has had coaches when he was a young athlete that inspired him and taught him those skills and he hopes to be able to pass the things he has learned onto the young people he works with.
Girls Boys 13U Black Assistant Coach | email@example.com
Club Physical Trainer, Boys 13U, 13-14U and 14U Black Head Coach | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Slean has been working tirelessly with our athletes for more than a dozen years. His unique background makes him perhaps the most respected trainer in the province for volleyball athletes.
Mike played his University volleyball at the University of Toronto. He completed both a Bachelor of Physical Education and Health and a Bachelor of Education. With the Varsity Blues, Mike started at Left Side for 5 OUA Championship teams in 5 years. This accomplishment made Mike the only player in OUA history to win 5 Championships. During that time Mike was a 5-Time First Team OUA All-Star and received CIS recognition 4 times as All-Canadian or All-Canadian Honourable Mention. Mike was also an academic All-Canadian in his last year and was nominated twice for both major University of Toronto awards – Athlete of the Year and the Leadership Award. Mike continues to play indoor volleyball and was a member of the Toronto Ruffriders Club that won the 2012 Open National Championships and recently returned from the 40 and over 2015 US National Championships as a member of FOG Volleyball Club with a Gold medal and was named MVP of the tournament.
On the beach, Mike represented Canada on the FIVB World Tour. Mike came 5th in the 2003 Pan-Am Games in Santa Domingo and also finished 17th in the World Championships in Klagenfurt, Austria. On the Labatt Pro Beach Tour, Mike won National Tour events in Parlee Beach, New Brunswick and Parksville, British Columbia.
Mike owns both Team 12 Training and Solstice Sport Beach Volleyball. Team 12 Training has provided team training services to Durham Attack Volleyball Club for the past 9 seasons. T12 will again be responsible for training services for the club in the 2015-16 Season. T12 was also the provider of training services for the Durham Lords Women’s team in 2014-15. At Durham College, Mike has taught in the Fitness and Health Promotion Program for the past 6 years. Mike is a Certified Personal Trainer through CSEP.
As a coach, Mike is a Level 2 Indoor coach and is entering his 8th year coaching within the club, working with both the boy’s and girl’s side of the club at the 16-18U level. During that time Mike has been a key part of 4 National Championship teams. This season, Mike is excited to develop the foundation of our boys program.
Please click here to visit our photo gallery.
Last 5 Posts
- September Clinic Dates August 10, 2018 OVA Tryout window regulations for the 2018/2019 season information is found below: Re-signing Period for returning athletes: August 20th – September 7th. Open House: September 8th – 19th During this phase we invite all athletes to attend our September Pre-Tryout Clinics to brush up on your volleyball skills and get ready for tryouts. ...
- 2018 DA Annual General Meeting June 10, 2018 Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held on Tuesday July 17th, at 6:30 PM at the Oshawa Civic Centre (Meeting Room 4). We invited all members to attend to help our club continue to grow as we move forward. We are always looking for parents who are willing to support their ...
- Durham Attack Beach Volleyball – 2018 May 30, 2018 Durham Attack announces the 2018 Beach Programs. Click here for more information.
- DA Cares – 15U Supreme Help the Canadian Food for Children charity May 4, 2018 While they are in sync on the court, the Durham Attack 15u Supreme work together off the court too. The girls recently spent a Saturday assembling sleep mats for the Canadian Food for Children charity, to be shipped overseas to help the less fortunate in places such as The Philippines, ...
- 16U Red Girls fight hard at Provincials May 4, 2018 It was a big weekend for the 16U Red girls April 27 – 29 as they returned to RIM Park in Waterloo for the 16U Provincials. Things got underway Friday afternoon with pool play in Division 2, Tier 1. Up first, Attack took on Northern Chill from Sudbury. Despite falling behind early ...