Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Wednesday July 26th, at 6:30 PM at Whitby Library, at Dundas & Henry Streets in Whitby. We invite all members to attend to help our club continue to grow as we move forward. We are always looking for parents who are willing to support their athletes and get involved in our club, in executive or operational positions.
At the AGM we will review the past year of operations, plans for next season, and hold elections for executive positions coming due this year.
Club Executive Positions up for Re-Election or Open:
The following four positions are coming up for re-election or are open. We are actively seeking individuals who want to fill these positions.
Candidates who wish to run for a position listed below should notify the Club and provide a resume and letter outlining relevant qualifications by July 19th, by sending to Michael May (firstname.lastname@example.org)
President – Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and direct the overall operation of the Club.
- Guide the Club in its strategic programs and growth.
- Set standards for coaching and team development at each level.
- Attend meetings with coaches, parents and executive.
- Arbitrate unresolved issues as they arise.
Vice President, Junior Programs – Responsibilities include:
- 12-15U Liaison
- Coach Communications
- Parent Reps
- Special Events
Treasurer – Responsibilities include:
- Efficiently manage the financial resources of the Club.
- In conjunction with the VP, Operations prepare a budget for each season.
- Manage all monies of the Club and maintain and complete and accurate financial records.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for executive review.
- Complete required tax filings.
- Advise the executive in all financial decisions.
Secretary – Responsibilities include:
- Attend and write minutes for all Executive meetings, Parent Volunteer Committee meetings and manage prompt distribution.
- Attend and write minutes, as necessary, for team and/or division meetings or as requested by the Executive and manage prompt delivery to the appropriate parties involved.
We are also looking for volunteers to assist with operational initiatives:
- Registration Coordinator
- Website and Communications
- Media Relations
- Banquet Coordinators